As you may notice many of my recipes are based on the concept of using up stuff left in the fridge and freezer in meals that can be on the plate in about 20mins or so. This is no exception.
– some olives, pitted and halved
– 2 sausages, cooked, skinned and broken/ cut into little pieces. You could use whatever left over meat, salami, hams etc… you have
– 4 teaspoons of black olive tepanade
– in this case, 2 tablespoons of tomato pasta sauce, but sundried tomato paste is fine.
– few slices of cheddar cheese (or whatever cheese you like)
Sprinkle the olives and sausage evenly over the breads.
Place the cheese around the bread as well.
Place under a hot grill until the cheese melts and the edges just begin to brown up.
Remove from the grill and eat like a pizza or better still, fold in half and eat like a calzone.